Who are the team at The Mobility Physio?
The Mobility Physio is a team of skilled physiotherapists with at least 5 years experience in caring for older people and those with dementia. THe team covers a wide area and therefore the therapists generally cover a separate area each. The Owner and creator of The Mobility Physio is Nadia Kopec and you can find out a bit more about each member of the team below.
I am Nadia Kopec. I was born and raised in Bedford and became a Chartered Physiotherapist in 2006 from Oxford Brookes University. After qualifying, I worked at Peterborough hospital and have spent 8 years as a Senior Physiotherapist at Bedford Hospital, specialising in care of the elderly the the last 4 years of my time there. I have now been working in my private business for 3 years and I treat older people after a hospital stay, help people with COPD and recurrent chest infections, anyone with decreased mobility, anyone with an increased risk of falls, maintain the mobility of patients with dementia and also rehabilitate people after elective and emergency orthpaedic surgery.
With two young children I decided to leave the NHS in 2016 enabling me to fit work around my other commitments. I am passionate about ensuring age and memory loss doesnt become a barrier to mobility and so independence and quality of life.
Types of things we can offer….
- Individual treatment and exercise regimes
- Intense rehabilitation for those in their own home or a residential or nursing home
- Group exercise classes
- Attending appointments with a relative and patient to assist with mobility where required
- Advise carers in any setting how best to help a patient with their mobility to aid increase in independence
- Discuss requirements of any patient over the phone and if I feel physio is not the correct service then given advice and assistance in finding the correct service to help